Upcoming Events and Announcements:
CLASS STARTING SOON: RSVP TODAY!
1) CSM Composers Workshop: Calling all composers! Have you listened to music on the radio and thought, I could do that? Do you have original musical ideas which you want to learn how to put down on paper? Are you curious how the music that you love came into existence to begin with? In the workshop, you will discover how to think like a composer, learn the language and tools necessary to begin to create successful compositions on your own, join with other aspiring composers to play your own original music, and participate in giving life to others’ new musical works. The workshop begins Thursday, December 5th 5:30-6:30 and will take place in Suite 4. For questions please contact: Quentin Walston Quentin@QuentinWalston.com
2) CSM Student Spotlight - Alexander U.: How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice!
CSM Saxophonist Alexander U. figured it out! Xander performed in a recital last week at Carnegie Hall, Weill Hall for the Royal Conservatory of Music Certificate Program Northeast Region Celebration of Excellence Event!
Alexander earned gold medals for both Level 1 and Level 2 by earning the highest score in the nation on each practical exam. For the event, he performed a piece called "Mysterious Stranger" by Christiaan Venter, which consists of nine one-bar cells that he could choose to perform in any order or repeat as many times as he desired. The only saxophonist in the program, he played with confidence and musicality. Xander studies under our incredible Saxophone and Clarinet instructor, Ms. Lisa Fiorilli. Congrats, Xander (and Lisa Fiorilli / Music)!
3) CSM Student Spotlight - Parker Peterson: A BIG Congrats to Stone Bridge High School Junior and CSM Saxophone student, Parker Peterson, for earning a 1st Chair Alto Saxophone spot in the top 2019 All-Virginia Jazz Band! Parker is also the 1st Chair Alto Saxophone in the National Jazz Workshop Big Band! Parker studies under our incredible Clarinet and Saxophone instructor, Lisa Fiorilli. We LOVE highlighting all our amazing students at CSM and are thrilled to spotlight exciting achievements like this. Way-to-go Parker (and Lisa) for all your hard work and preparation! We are so proud of you!
4) CSM World Music Class ***CLASS POSTPONED - RSVP for Details & Updates***: CSM is happy to announce the creation of a new, world music ensemble that will explore the unique sounds and music from cultures around the world! We’ll be using traditional instruments including strings, winds, and percussion to form an ensemble that will engage with music from Africa, South America, Asia, and the Middle East in a fun and interactive way. The ensemble is open to any current CSM student or parent who shares a love for music and interest for learning about other cultures. If you are interested, please RSVP for details and updates on a special introductory class where you’ll find more information on the ensemble, meet the faculty and other students, and share your experience and goals with us. There may be opportunities for us all to play these instruments together! RSVPs are required to participate. Please note: we will have some instruments available, however, if you have your own traditional instruments please bring them so we can incorporate them into the instrumentation. RSVP to Jennene Estes at email@example.com
5) Guitar Masterclass with Julian Gray: CSM's Guitar Masterclass with with world-renowned performer and educator, Julian Gray, was a huge success! Thank you to Mr. Gray for his time and wisdom shared and thanks to all who and this special opportunity! Check out our Facebook page for pictures and posts from the event. Mr Gray has toured internationally as soloist and in chamber concert in some of the most prestigious halls across the world and is chair of both the guitar programs at the Peabody Institute of Music and the Shenandoah Conservatory of Music.
Interested in attending a attending or hosting a masterclass opportunity at CSM in the future? Please contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org